Information We Collect
This site is not affiliated with or part of the companies from which we are collecting data, including but not limited to: Spotify, SoundCloud, Beatport, YouTube, Apple Music, and iTunes. The data shown on this website are retrieved directly from the APIs for these services. All the information we collect is related to providing our services. The information we collect depends on whether you just visit our website without a registration or whether you register with us in order to become part of 1001Tracklists. Depending on your preferred use of our website, we may collect and store the following information:
How we use the information we collect
We may use the information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to identify you as the Owner of your Content, as the rightholder of your sound-recordings, and/ or other contributions that you make to 1001Tracklists
- to provide, maintain, personalize, protect and improve 1001Tracklists, your 1001Tracklists account, our services, products, and advertising, including those from third parties, for example by providing customized, personalized, or localized content, recommendations, features, and advertising on 1001Tracklists
- to publish your public profile with the information you choose to publish publicly, such as your name, photo, links to other social profiles, and actions you take on 1001Tracklists or on third-party applications connected to your 1001Tracklists account
- to provide other users with information regarding people's listening and supporting behavior of their content
- to ensure technical functionality of 1001Tracklists, provide you with technical support, develop new products, functions and services, and analyze your use of 1001Tracklists, including your interaction with applications, advertising, products, and services that are made available, linked to or offered through the Service
- to communicate with you for 1001Tracklists-related updates and notifications or research purposes including via email, notifications, or other messages, which you agree to receive
- to respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted
- to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, for marketing and promotional purposes via email, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us (e.g. through your 1001Tracklists account settings); whereas you have always the option to opt out from receiving certain messages (see section Your preferences and control)
- to enable and promote 1001Tracklists, including its features and content as well as products and services made available through 1001Tracklists
- to process your payment and payouts and to prevent or detect fraud; all payment verification information is transmitted using industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption; we comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard
- to enable age restrictions
How your information is shared
Sharing by you
Sharing by 1001Tracklists
We do not share your information unless one of the following circumstances applies:
We will share personal information with others when we have your consent to do so. For the sharing of any sensitive personal information, we require your explicit opt-in consent.
Marketing and advertising
We may share information with advertising partners in order to send you promotional communication about 1001Tracklists or to show you more personalized content, including relevant advertising for products and services that may be of interest to you, and to understand how users interact with advertisements. The information we share is in a de-identified format (for example, through the use of hashing) that does not personally identify you. Please see section Cookies and similar technologies below to learn about cookies and other technologies that we and third parties use to serve you more relevant ads and your options.
Service providers and others
In addition to the above, we may also share your information with third parties for these limited purposes:
- to allow a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or business
- to respond to legal process (e.g., a court order or subpoena), if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to do so; to comply with requirements of mandatory applicable law; to protect the safety of any person; to protect the rights and property of 1001Tracklists, including to enforce the Terms & Conditions; and to address fraud, security, or technical issues
- to academic researchers for purposes including statistical analysis and academic study, but only in a de-identified format
- to publish de-identified or aggregate information about the use of 1001Tracklists.
Communications with other users Please note that all personal information you display or communicate using interactive features of 1001Tracklists and your Social Networks becomes public information and we are not responsible for any information you choose to make public. We may, but have no obligation to, monitor such traffic via electronic software or otherwise in order to check for obscenity, defamation or abusive language, which we reserve the right to remove at any time. In addition, 1001Tracklists cannot be held responsible for any consequences which flow from your decision to communicate or interact with other 1001Tracklists users in places or under circumstances which we do not control.
We are committed to protecting your information. Since your password protects your user account, you should use a unique and strong password that only you know of, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used 1001Tracklists. You should never disclose your password to unauthorized people. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use certain security measures to help keep your personal information safe. While we take data protection precautions, no security measures are completely secure, and we do not guarantee the security of user information. In the event that we believe that the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised or could be at risk, we may seek to notify you. If a notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your email address, we may notify you by email. You consent to our use of email as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use another method to notify you in this situation, please contact us.
Your preferences and control
We may display advertisements from third parties and other content that links to third party websites. We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties' privacy practices and content. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal information.
1001Tracklists is not intended for use by and not directed to children. Anyone under the age of 13 is not permitted to use 1001Tracklists and must not attempt to register an account or submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 or allow them to register an account. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe that we may have collected any such personal data, please notify us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and updating your information
You can access most of your information you provide us with through your account and profile page. If you wish to access, change or delete any other personal data we hold about you, or have any question about the information we hold, please contact us at email@example.com. If you wish to delete your account, we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal data in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate reason for doing so.
What are cookies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. These text files can be read by these websites and help to identify you when you return to a website. There are "persistent" and "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer when you have gone offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to block and delete cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org. You can at any time manually delete cookies or deactivate the usage of cookies in the settings of your internet browser.
We use our own cookies to recognize you when you visit our website or use our service on your mobile device. This means that you don't have to log in each time you visit, and we can remember your preferences and settings.
Third Party Cookies / Similar Technologies
Google Analytics and Google Website Optimizer
How to manage your cookies and preferences
Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can use the settings within your browser to control the cookies that are set on your computer or mobile device. However, please be aware that if you deactivate a cookie or if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to enjoy all of the features of 1001Tracklists.
Consent to cookies and similar technologies
1001 Holdings Limited Office 302, Dominion Center, 43-59 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong-Kong
852 8191 2446